Kuiba



Our hero in the middle of his great triumph.
You are probably as skeptical as I was when I heard "Chinese anime", if not more so, but don't let that hold you back. Kuiba is an amazing movie, it has what you crave, an adorable main character to love, a hidden past, end of the world possibilities, futuristic SciFi as well as ancient time lines, a relationship built on love, and finally it doesn't go to far.



-STORY-

Our story is about a man (Kuiba) who sparks a rebellion against the gods (super tech guys), however our story starts long after his rebellion failed (they satellite nuked him). Our main character is a little boy, who is training to be a warrior to fight Kuiba (who is thought to have survived). The governments are calling warriors to gather to fight. Its a fun adventure that stops before the war nicely (don't worry, there are two sequals to continue the story).


-ART-

This movie seems to be a CG movie in an anime style, it looks very nice, lots of color and creative designs. This is not a dark art style, everything is well lit with lots of light.


-SOUND-

This is not my first Chinese movie,or my second or even my third, so the spoken language did not bother me much. I loved the music, it was loud and actions when needed, while still keeping up with the slower smoother paced music needed for the heart tug moments.


-Characters-

This story is being told across three different movies, so don't expect to fall for half the characters. In this first movies you will love and feel close to at least four characters, each one is unique and interesting, and I can't wait to see more of them.


-ENJOYMENT-

Laughter, tears, and hysterical "oh, shits" followed me through this movie, I love it and want every one todo the same.

I must warn you, the second Kuiba movie has been out for a while now, but there is still no English subtitles out there for it. If on wrong the for the love of god correct me.

No comments:

Post a Comment