Top Picks: OPMC Manga


Over Powered Main Character (O.P.M.C. for short): Is a genre of anime where the main character is more powerful then anyone else and thus never needs to train or anything else in order to win. This genre is not well known right now, but has always been extremely popular in manga and anime (Trigun for example was an OPMC anime), and is slowly gaining recognition.



Noblesse




One of two web manga on this list, Noblesse is definitely my favorite, I have read it two and half times (the half meaning I skipped some chapters here and there to get to the parts I like). Theres vampires, werewolfs and best of all humans trying to gain power as great as theres via experiments using technology. It gets even better with doctor Frankenstein as one of my favorite side characters ever showing up in this manga. Rai is our badass OP character who gives out beating after beating with a grace never before seen, and its hilarious. Also, its fully colored.


Dendrobates




Do you ever get sick and tired of the old hate killing hero types, I do, in fact I have come to really hate them as its done far to often, but in Dendrobates theres no issue there. This guy is an assassin for hire, his price doesn't really matter, I think he just really enjoys killing assholes. Also, did I mention the guy works in the police involved with evidence, so he literally has unlimited access to a ton of weapons, and the guns always come back to him, he is the man with a thousand guns.


Aiki




This is for adults (seriously full sex, ecchi, nudity). I love this manga, I have read it about two times fully, its a fun ride (theres also a sequel that is ongoing). The main character is a super genius and master of martial arts, and has a twisted personality that is crazy. He does go through a little tiny bit of power up, but its not really a power up, and its super short so I dont count it. You follow this guy as he trains a girl, and slowly gains his own little group, and people for the most part have no wish to challenge him, hes just to powerful. The story is great, its worth reading at least 10 times.


Shina Dark




A super not well known manga that is so amazing it deserves more then it ever got. It never actually ended, it just stop, like it was canceled. It follows the whole Maou-sama thing, he gets resurrected based on a timeline, when he awakens his island is revealed, its called "shina dark". The world is really cool, a mix of medieval/ancient and scifi, sadly what we see so little of everything due to how short it all is. I have read this one two times already, and im getting ready for a third.


Tiji-kun




Another short manga, but this one (THANK GOD) is complete, and it was well done. I love the main character of this manga, and as to not spoil to much let me just say his dream is to protect the dreams of everyone else. This follows an individual only known as "tiji-kun", a martial arts master that defends the weak, and he does it in the blink of an eye, no one ever sees him hit you. I said the manga was well complete and well done, but I do wish more from the end, but it was still good. Also, he does a tiny bit of training to power up near the end, but aside from that he is definitely OP.


Ubel Blatt




Another anime for adults, adults, oh did I say adults? Btw, I dont say adults on the grounds of violence in anyway, I do it on grounds of sex, just fyi. Anyway this story is epic, and I mean epic in the awesome, AND length categories, and thats not a bad thing. The story is well told, lots of history to the tale, and lots of emotion in the characters. This is a dark story, theres mostly no comedy relief, or happy times going on, and still manages to be a good read.


Black Haze

Sorry, myanimelist didn't have this.


Another Full colored web manga! A magic society, with ranks for mages, where our main character is a top ranked mage who is well known and famous. He also happens to be younger then anyone could imagine, and thus his boss has him go to school (lol, love that guy) as an undercover body guard to a kid. You have to understand, its a magician school, so our main character has no issue with classes, he already knows everything. Dont worry, its not about school bullies long, its more about whats after the person hes protecting and the craziness that ensues.

I still feel I need to say this...
Mangas like one piece, naruto, bleach and so on are not OPMC, they are your basic shounen battle manga of constant power ups and training.

I have a great love for this kind of manga/anime, I have used this list Male Protagonist That Starts Out Strong for a while, its good.

No comments:

Post a Comment